Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011, already?!

Looking back, I realize that I have not updated since September.

A lot has been happening.

Since I got back home, my Pastor has had me going to Spur groups (a small group every other week after Church), I have been working at Tim Hortons, I have been taking online classes, and generally raising support. It has been a lot, but God is good and got me through!

Spur groups were awesome, come on, free food. I got to meet a lot of people, and I got some good experience on sharing my vision, and speaking in front of people. It was really hard at times, but again, I feel I learned a lot!

Tim Hortons has been great, crazy and fun at all times! I have run into tons of situations where I have had to have a lot of patience, and joyously serving people even when I didn't want to.

Online classes have been interesting. Harder than I originally thought, not being able to talk to the teachers or other students in person. You have to be highly motivated in order to get everything that needs to be done. One good thing that can be said is that you can finish classes whenever you like, not having a set schedule. Unfortunately, time can slip by faster than you think!

On top of Spur groups, God has blessed me with all kinds of different opportunities to tell people about what God is doing in my life. I am amazed to see who has supported me, and to see how much I have raised in the, truthfully, short amount of time. I never knew what to expect when I started this new journey in my life. But I always knew God would do what was best.

Which leads me to my next topic. Originally I had planned on going to Brazil this coming 14th of the month. However, God has had bigger plans, better ones than I could have expected, and I know that He is still in charge, which is just the way I want it!

I have been doing a lot support raising, letting people know what God is leading me to, but I don't think I did enough praying. I think that there is a lot that God will be teaching me these next coming months, and I am honestly excited!

I don't know when I will be going to Brazil, it really depends on support, and ultimately God's timing!

I promise to be updating more, and letting everyone know what is going on in my life, and how God has been working! So if you have ever wanted to support a missionary, now is a great time!


God bless!

-andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment